Friday, January 26, 2007

Roe vs. Wade Anniversary

This week is the 34th anniversary of Roe vs. Wade; the judicial court decision to have the right of abortion. This creates controversy between the people who are pro-life and pro-choice.

I'm pro-choice. I believe a woman should make her own decision whether or not she wants an abortion. I was not forced into this decision nor did anyone make an impact on my beliefs. I trust woman to make the right decision and do whats right for their bodies.

Abortion is a difficult decision and though I haven't had to make that judgement, I know of a person who has. She spent weeks figuring out what she wanted to do and she finally came up with a conclusion that was best for her. She did not have the mentality, financial-security,or stability to bring a child into the world let alone raise another person, she had an abortion. Nobody interfered with her decision making, not her parents, friend, or boyfriend; it was her decision. Though she might have made the wrong one in some peoples views; she did what she thought would be right for her.

I decided pro-choice because I love babies; I'm a baby person. An infant should be brought up in a home with love, support, and dedication not a home where the parents don't like him and don't treat him well. Women who don't want to be pregnant should not have to be pregnant. I don't believe somebody else should make a drastic decision about your life. Why should a stranger be telling you what to do? Society is always saying to be healthy when your pregnant. The most healthy pregnancy is one where the woman actually wants to be pregnant not one who doesn't care.

At the end of it all, I'm pro-choice because women should have the right to make her own judgement on what is accurate for them.

1 comment:

Julianna said...

I think its really insightful to know someone who has gone through that situation. I, myself, do not personally know anyone who has, but I think that If it ever happens to me I will want to make the decision- not some lawmaker in Washington. Very interesting!